Monday, June 7, 2010

Just A Little Unwell



"I'm not crazy...I'm just a little unwell...I know right now you can't tell...but stay awhile and maybe then you'll see a different side of me."

This has been my theme song since it came out. It's by Matchbox 20 back when they were Matchbox 20. It just seem appropriate for my mood today.

I was going to give you my "Expectations beget Disappointment" blog entry that I have had written now for weeks...but my mental state won't allow that today.

The last couple of weeks have been...lets say more stressful than they needed to be with the influx of having to be out dealing with people at work and this week being two year anniversary of my son's death, so even though I have been trying not to focus on my sorrow, it keeps creeping up on me.

After stuffing a whole year and a half and locking it away in my mind. I actually have been doing a lot better the last six months and thought I was going to make it without cracking. I mean shit, I even managed to hold it together when the US Army sent me a Mother's Day card to let me know they were thinking of me. I mean really out of all the fucking public relations shit the military has bombarded me with this one makes me want to punch the person whose fucking idea that was.

So yeah the stress began the day before Mother's Day, and has continued with the desensitized morons I work with, then of course there was Memorial Day, and to be honest I don't expect it to let up until after Father's Day, which was the day the Rangers accompanied my son home.

I wasn't going to work on the 9th...but now I think I will just so I can focus on something else. Gotta try to keep myself in the cage ya know.

So I thought a few photos Franky would be in order this week. If for no other reason than a record of what a waste of humanity any war is. He gave his all at everything he ever did, the world is a lesser a place without him.
He played a mean guitar...Rock On...your Momma loves you:) In memory of Thomas "Franky" Duncan April 13, 1987 - June 09, 2008














2 comments:

  1. So sorry for you’re loss. It is unimaginable except for others who have experienced similar loss. I grieve. Thank you for the pictures. I will burn a stick of incense on the altar today for Thomas “Franky” Duncan. May its fragrance help him pass through the clouds that hide heaven from our sight. (zen observance)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss as well. This was a touching post and I loved seeing your son. He was a beautiful person and you can tell he loved life and had a great spirit. thanks for sharing him with us.

    ReplyDelete