Saturday, May 15, 2010

Don't quit your Day Job

That line is from the movie "The Cutting Edge". Ah yes, the ice skating chick flick!
But there were so many other elements to the movie that I could relate to so well.
I am not here to give a review or anything, my mind has just been stuck on a line from the movie "i think so long, and so hard, and its so tiring" all week.
It is an underdog, rise to beat the odds ice skating flick that has a touch of romance mixed, two lost souls on a quest to find themselves storyline. Common theme in the Hollywood Rom Com I know. But the journey and self actualization is what got at me in this movie:)

Most days I feel like a really big cat in a small cage:( A lot like the female character in this movie minus the rich daddy and ice skates! I too have been on quest to find contentment, feeling that life is daunting and unfulfilled.

In my cage I seem to be able to keep my emotions contained.
I am almost afraid to let myself back out into the world. I could end up turning into "Storm" in the X men...you know the one who changes the weather and creates destruction.

Don't laugh now, but these control issues I have are part of how I began writing.
You see in my story I control everything. What happens to my characters, how they feel, how they react, how they change, how they grow, and most of all how the story resolves is left to my discretion! There are no outside influences, no evil fairy, because I refuse to allow that. So I am the master of my world!

But like all humans I have to come back to reality, even though I don't want to. Believe me...my world is such a better place.



Fairy Bubbles and Wishing Creek are like previews, they are creative releases for when I am not writing. I so love making people happy.


www.wishingcreek.etsy.com

So I have been carrying around my unfinished script "The Good Samaritan" for months now trying like hell to muster the creative juice and finish the story. What's sad is the I have it outlined all the way to the end and still can't turn on the sauce...WTH
I scribble, I rip, crumble, throw away...then repeat! In an attempt to save the trees last month I decided to take some of my soap making profit and buy a refurbished lap top off eBay. What can I say...I am cheap, I love the thrill of bidding wars, I buy what I need not bell and whistles okay, so long embarrassing story short, I finally won one and didn't realize the location of the seller who was in Hungry! Shit, I said, yes I said it:)
But as seller myself, who sells internationally, I decided it wasn't a big deal so after making sure the programming was in English, with an approximate 15 day ship time, I paid.

Well enter Evil Fairy...volcano in Iceland. I still don't have my laptop, I am still killing trees, and whats worse I wasn't aware that my Final Draft software takes up as much space as it does, so I don't think I can even use the damn thing even if it arrives. Shit. That 162.00 looks like it would have been much better spent on upgrading my current PC!
I hate little tiny keyboards anyway...this will most likely show up as a blog topic.

So I know I am a few days late posting. It has been a long ass week, I have had to work, lots of bad Etsy drama going on, lots of trying to do script writing, and generally me just wanting to be in the cage!

Two hours to go. I do most of my writing longhand, while working my other job.
I can't wait to get home and strip off the uniform, I am so uncomfortable, probably the only thing that's keeping me awake. Anyhoo...here's a tidbit for you readers...my first script "State School Road" was written 90% on the back of work forms on the night shift! No shit...till next time, peace everyone:)

1 comment:

  1. i loved that ice skating chick flick! I saw it again last night. Definitely a fitting script.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete